1. When your friends ask you to hangout, and you don’t feel like it, don’t go. Don’t ever do things halfway or do something that makes you uncomfortable. With everything, give all of yourself, even the pieces you never knew existed.
2. It is okay to not know. Everyone always despises the phrase, “I don’t know” but no one tells you that it is okay to not know. The becoming is more important than the being, anyways.
3. If someone ever makes you feel less, in any way, you have every right to walk away. You have every right to cut out toxic people in your life. To close the door on people who make you feel bad about who you are or what you stand for. Friends don’t tear down, they build up.
4. Loss is always going to happen. Just like paint will always chip and rain will always fall, loss will always be part of life. No matter how much I don’t like it, or avoid it, it is going to walk my way at several times in my life. Learn to embrace it and learn to get closure.
5. Give yourself a chance. Stop saying, “I don’t think I can” or “But what if I am not able to?” and give yourself a chance. This may be cliche, but try to believe in yourself. When you get older, your knees won’t work the same and you won’t have the best memory, and you are going to wish you’d given yourself a chance years sooner.
6. Fall in love. Don’t be guarded before you fall in love. You could fall in love three times and still not find the right one, but none of it is going to make “the one” matter less. Don’t fall into that idea that your first love has to be your best love. Fall in love as many times as it naturally happens.
7. Firsts are going to be messy. First loves, first kisses, first dates, first failed tests, first college class, first time you drive a car, first time you ride a plane - first times were made to be imperfect. Just because it’s messy and all over the place, doesn’t mean it can’t be good or worthwhile.
8. You want another scoop of ice-cream? Go get it. Get three more scoops of ice-cream if that is what you want. “Fat” is not the opposite of beautiful and it is not the opposite of happy. Don’t let anyone tell you that your body type isn’t beautiful. Beauty is a social construct, create your own, become your own.
9. Let yourself be alone. Loneliness is not a bad thing. It is healthy and normal. Everyone needs to spend a good portion of their life alone. We learn who we are when we are alone; life is less crowded and more clear when we are alone.
10. If you aren’t happy where you are, change it. Quit your job, move, become a vegetarian, get a new hobby, pick up an old hobby, whatever you do - make sure it benefits you. Life is too short to not be alive, to not be passionate, and overflowing.
I really have been extremely bitter at my school lately. Not only, because they wouldn’t give me enough money but I was angry at this whole diversity center thing, not because of the people apart of it but because of the fact that it was my idea and they gave the idea to people with a “title” at my school. It was frustrating but I have prayed about it talked about and thought about it, and I will be start a black student union, I wish we just had a faculty advisor that was black. I understand that people will get confused about certain changes since we already have a “diversity club” but I really want to be this political and socially correct voice for the students here. We need someone to understand us and be extremely intelligent and intellectual. I’m starting it and there is no stopping it.
Just got diagnosed and it’s frustrating since my boyfriend isn’t taking me seriously. It’s like he thinks it will just go away since I seem fine. Don’t get me wrong he is pretty amazing. But dude this is something that I can’t control and is the reason I can’t “put out”. So gtf…
I will try and look some up. It difficult even finding books about it too. But thank you for the tip! 😊
Just got diagnosed and it’s frustrating since my boyfriend isn’t taking me seriously. It’s like he thinks it will just go away since I seem fine. Don’t get me wrong he is pretty amazing. But dude this is something that I can’t control and is the reason I can’t “put out”. So gtf off your High horse and be fuckin supportive.
it’s hard 2 be sad about ur body when you think of it as a landscape. you don’t criticise a mountain for being too big, or a valley for being too winding, and no one ever complains about the vastness of the sea. u are part of the earth and u are so beautiful friends.